Weekly Groceries Distribution:
Those in need of food assistance are welcome to come in once a week for supplemental groceries which is usually enough for approximately 5-6 meals.
If it is an emergency, you can come in once a week, for up to four weeks.
If assistance is needed longer than 4 weeks, we ask that you come in for an interview to become a client. To become a client, please come in on Monday or Tuesday, and bring with you these requirements:
1. A photo ID for each person living in the household age 18 years and older
2. Birth certificate, Medical card, or immunization card for each child living in the household
3. Proof of address, i.e. a bill that is mailed showing the name and address
4. Rent or mortgage receipt if applicable
5. Income verification for all working adults in the household if applicable
6. Social Security, Unemployment or Disability payments if applicable
We strive to provide nutritionally balanced meals with menu items changing each week to include:
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Beans: canned or dry
- Tomato products
- Peanut butter
- Fresh vegetables and fruit
- Dairy items
- Frozen food items as available
In addition to providing basic food items, Fallbrook Food Pantry also provides a number of services:
MONTHLY FRESH PRODUCE DISTRIBUTION Every last Wednesday of each month from 9:00am to 10:00am at LifePointe Church parking lot, corner of Hawthorne Street and N. Pico Avenue, 1 block from Fallbrook Library. Fresh vegetables and fruits are distributed in collaboration with the San Diego Food Bank to the everyone in the community who shows up.
US GOVERNMENT COMMODITIES Commodities are handed out usually during the 3rd week of each month. Seniors ages 60 and older can pick up at 1:00 on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
ADOPT-A-FAMILY PROGRAM The Adopt-a-family is an annual event to provide a special Christmas for qualifying families.
CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR CLIENT CHILDREN
Santa visits with some local children at the Fallbrook Pantry while handing out toys during the Christmas season. Thank you, Fallbrook Union High School’s Associated Student Body (ASB) for holding a toy drive every year.